Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Step 2: Decide on a Topic

So the second step on the "how to write a blog" article was to come up with a topic of discussion for your blog. It stated that some people like to talk about a range of topics but the most successful blogs usually stick to one main topic. Doing so supposedly gathers a better fan base because people know what you will be writing about.

Ok, so...topic.

Well, let's see, what do I know about that I could write about?

Well, I could write about trying to be a photographer; trying to cook; trying to get a job; trying to be a good friend, sister, fiance; trying to plan a wedding; trying to write a blog; trying to make my bed every day; trying to get into medical school; trying to be healthy; trying to volunteer; trying to do my homework...

Hmm, I don't know if I could choose any ONE of those things to write about, so maybe I will just write about "trying." Trying to do new things and live my life and the interesting (or not so interesting) things that happen while all this "trying" is going on.

Alright, this works for me. For now anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment